With this training, students are preparing to take the ITIL Foundation Certificate exam. This certification represents the first step in ITIL certification and is mandatory for students who intend to continue with intermediate levels of training. The training is based on the ITIL recommendations and life cycle of services, which is described in the latest release from 2011.
• Key Principles and Concepts of IT Service Management
• Benefits brought about by the implementation of ITIL recommendations
• IT services management processes and their relationship with the life cycle of services
• Basic concepts and definitions that relate to the life cycle of services
• Activities and roles that are included in the life cycle of services
THE TARGET GROUP
Duration: 3 days
Passing the exam for the ITIL Foundation Certificate is not included in the training. For more information on taking the exam, visit the ITIL exams page.
In addition to the ITIL Foundation training, the following training modules are also available:
• Service Strategy (SS)
• Service Design (SD)
• Service Transition (ST)
• Service Operation (SO)
• Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
• Planning, Protection and Optimization (PP & A)
• Service Offerings and Agreements (SO & A)
• Release, Control and Validation (RC & V)
• Operational Support and Analysis (OS & A)
The precondition for entering the ITIL intermediate exam is the ITIL Foundation exam, as well as the corresponding intermediate training at the Authorized Training Center (ATP). It is necessary to attach these two pieces of evidence before taking the desired ITIL intermediate exam.
Also, the CPU is an Accredited Examination Center (AEC) where you can take all ITIL® exams. For more information on taking the exam, visit the ITIL® exams page.